PLEASE NOTE – The next Rotorua Festival of Gardens will be held 10, 11 & 12 November 2017. Details regarding the 2017 festival will be uploaded at a later date.
The Rotorua region is well known for its diverse natural environment and spectacular scenery. Many of the gardens open this year make the most of their stunning views of lakes, mountains and countryside.
In contrast, the city gardens showcase what can be achieved by creating their own beautiful environment within the confines of a city section.
The gardens showcased in 2015 :-
The gardens have been split into geographical areas to make it easier to plan your garden ramble.
- Ngongotaha, Paradise Valley
- City West
- City South
- Lynmore / Okareka
- Brunswick, Tikitere, Rotoiti
- Waikite Valley
When you purchase a ticket you will be provided with a booklet showing the garden locations and maps on how to get there.
Important Notice to Visitors
- The gardeners take every care to make sure that you enjoy your visit safely but gardening is an outdoor activity and you enter each garden at your own risk.
- Some gardens have steps, water features, uneven ground, sometimes unexpected over hanging trees.
- While every effort has been made to ensure your visit is a safe experience, we ask you to assume responsibility for your own safety and the safety of those in your care, especially children.
- Please keep to pathways where they are available.